Scores may now be used in lieu of a passing score on the Test of Academic Proficiency for full admission to an Illinois Educator Preparation Program. Please note the following requirements:
1) The applicant must have a Composite ACT Plus Writing score of at least 22; or a composite SAT score of 1030.
2) The applicant cannot have failed the TAP ten times.
3) The official score report cannot be more than five years old at the time of application.
Applicants who wish to apply for admission to an Illinois approved educator preparation program using an ACT/SAT score that meets the requirements above MUST do the following:
1. If you have not already submitted an official score report to Roosevelt University, request that ACT or SAT send an official score report to Roosevelt University. The ACT website has information about how to make a request, and the SAT website has the same.
2. Complete, date, sign, and submit ISBE Form 73-60 to your College of Education Advisor. Your advisor will review your form and test score information and, if approved, will obtain the required licensure officer signature, provide you with a copy of the signed form, and submit the form to the Illinois State Board of Education on your behalf. The RU licensure officer will contact you when the form is submitted to the Illinois State Board of Education.
3. Once your advisor has approved you to substitute your ACT scores for the TAP, request that ACT or SAT send an official score report to the Illinois State Board of Education, Division of Educator Certification, 100 North First Street, S-306, Springfield, IL 62777. With respect to sending your ACT scores to the Illinois Board of Education, you should go to the ACT website and request that a report be sent to an “ISBE.” The code is 3001. Please note that this code is unpublished, so you will not be able to search for it on the ACT website. If you want to send your SAT scores to the Illinois Board of Education, request a sealed copy of your scores from the College Board, and mail the sealed copy to the state board at the address above.
Please note that ISBE will not return official score reports that reflect a score less than listed above or are more than ten years old at the time of application. Such score reports will be scanned and subsequently shredded and cannot be used for admission to an Illinois approved educator program. Roosevelt University is aware that ACT/SAT scores more than ten years old at the time of application cannot be used for full admission to an educator preparation program. In addition, Roosevelt University is aware that an ACT Plus Writing composite score of 22 or a SAT composite score of 1030 is required for full admittance to an educator preparation program in lieu of the TAP.
Also note that any ACT score report that lacks a writing component will not be accepted and will instead be scanned and subsequently shredded by ISBE. Only composite scores of 22 on the ACT Plus Writing will be accepted in lieu of a passing score on the TAP.
The official State of Illinois policy with respect to using ACT and SAT scores for admission to educator preparation programs is available at theISBE Certification website.
430 S. Michigan Ave.Chicago, IL 60605(312) 341-3500
Directions & Maps
1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.Schaumburg, IL 60173(847) 619-7300
Directions & Maps