Chicago 430 S. Michigan Ave.Chicago, IL 60605(312) 341-3500
Schaumburg 1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.Schaumburg, IL 60173(847) 619-7300
Please follow the steps below to facilitate a smooth certifcation process. If you have questions at any point along the way, please consult your advisor as soon as possible.
Successfully complete all coursework requirements for certification. These requirements differe depending on whther the candidate already has an Illinois teaching certificate.
With Prior Teaching Certificate: Roosevelt MA in School Counseling must be posted
Without Prior Teachng Certificate: Roosevelt MA in School Counseling must be posted AND the following courses must be successfully completed:
* CHS 415 - School Environment, Classroom Management, and Consultation
* SPED 419 - Exceptional Children and Youth (or, for those candidate who have satisfied requirements in exceptional education, CHS 422 - Sustance Abuse)
* CHS 457 - Human Growth and Development
* CHS 418 - Organization, Administration, and Leadership of Effective School Counseling Programs
Submit to the Certification Officer by hand or by mail:
* A completed Application for Certificate.Click here to view a sample completed form.
* If you have a prior Illinois teaching certificate, letter on official letterhead, signed by the appropriate school official verifying at least 2 years of full-time, P-12, teaching experience.
Once all documentation is received and reviewed, you will receive an email letting you know that you have either been recommended for entitlement or that there are requirements you still need to fulfill before you can be recommended. If the latter is the case, the email will detail what is missing. Do not proceed to step 5 until you have have completed all requirements above AND received the email from Roosevelt's certification officer confirming that you have been recommended for entitlement.
If you have been recommended for entitlement, the email will provide directions on the online steps you need to take to complete the certification process with the Illinois State Board of Education. Please note that there is a fee associated with this process and that you will be required to submit official, sealed copies of all college/university transcripts to ISBE.