Graduation Services is the last office to review your record. We process your application when your final grades and GPA have posted to your record, so it is imperative for you to be familiar with your requirements and make sure you have what you need to graduate. Below are some helpful tips to make sure your degree processing runs smoothly.
Step 1: Meet with your advisor
Meeting with your advisor prior to applying for graduation is a good idea to make sure there are no surprises in your last semester. Below are some things to consider:
- Will you meet the required hours for the degree at the end of the term?
- Undergraduates need to have a minimum of 120 hours by the end of their graduating term. Graduates and Doctoral students require 30-60 hours. Hours will vary depending on degree program, please review the catalog for your specific degree requirements.
- Will you meet the minimum GPA requirement?
- Undergraduates are required to have a minimum GPA of 2.0 by the end of their graduating term.
- Graduate and Doctoral students are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and no more than two C grades are allowed on your record. Grade requirements may vary in your degree program, please refer to your catalog for more specific requirements.
- Did you or will you transfer credit?
- Did you have the official transcripts sent to Roosevelt University?
- Were the hours completed in your last 30 hours at Roosevelt?
- If no, did you complete a 30 Hour Exception form?
- Does your record reflect the correct major, minor, and/or concentration*?
- Did you complete a change of program form?
*You cannot add/declare minors, majors, or concentrations after the degree has been posted. Once a degree is awarded and reported to the National Student Clearinghouse the record is final.
Step 2: Did you complete a Degree Check?
If you are an undergraduate in the College of Arts and Sciences or the College of Business, please read further. If you are not, the degree check is completed within your department, please move to Step 3.
Undergraduates in the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Business are required to complete a degree check with their graduation application. Your department reviews your major requirements, but the Assistant Registrar of Credit Evaluation makes sure you have met or will meet degree requirements at the end of your graduation term.
You may complete the degree check prior to submitting your graduation application or after, but both are required to ensure the processing and posting of your degree.
Step 3: Complete the Graduation Application Process via RU Access
In order to have your degree posted to your transcript you must first apply for graduation by the appropriate deadline. Once the online RU Access application closes, you will receive an e-mail from Graduation Serivces providing more detailed information about commencement and purchasing graduation materials.
Participation in the ceremony is optional, but a graduation application is required in order to process and post your degree.
A $100 late fee will be applied to applications accepted after the listed application deadline.
Step 4: Complete the Career Development Graduation Survey
Your feedback is requested on the graduate survey and is important for the university to keep abreast of employment trends among Roosevelt University graduates and to summarize data about the educational experience at the university. Your personal, individual information will NEVER be released. Federal privacy laws prohibit Roosevelt University from releasing personally identifiable data. For accuracy, please complete this survey as part of your graduation application process. A new survey will be released for each graduation term.
Step 5: Frequently check your Roosevelt email
Graduation Services will only send correspondence to the Roosevelt University email. If you do not check this regularly, please be sure to have this email forwarded to the email address you use the most. Keep in mind Roosevelt email is the primary source for communication and we do not want you missing out on important events or deadlines.
Graduation Services will send updates regarding:
- Your graduation status. Once your department reviews your record an email is generated and sent to your Roosevelt email.
- Important deadline information
- Cap and gown purchasing information
- Commencement details
- Diploma mailing information
Step 6: Familiarize yourself and bookmark important graduation sites
Graduation Services is always updating information on our web sites. It is important to stay in the loop. The following pages are always at your fingertips should you, your family members, or guest have any questions [links tbd]:
- Commencement Ceremony Information - Here you will find details about the event for you, your family, or your guests.
- Cap and Gown Purchasing Days - Here you will find out when to purchase, how much, and where to get what you need.
- Tassels - Confused about what to wear? Find details here.
More importantly Graduation Services is here to help. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
Visit Us: 425 S. Wabash Room 324