Roosevelt University in Chicago, Schaumburg and Online - Logo

CTA U-Pass Information

Roosevelt University has contracted with the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) to provide affordable public transportation to all degree seeking, full-time students at the Chicago Campus through the CTA U-Pass program.  All eligible students will be charged a mandatory, non-refundable fee of $138.00 in each fall and spring semester.  The U-Pass fee cannot be waived for full-time Chicago campus students.

  • U-Pass offers unlimited rides on any CTA bus or train during the Fall and Spring semesters beginning five days before classes start and extending until five days after finals end.  It is not offered during the Summer.
  • U-Pass is also valid for CTA Para Transit Special Services (for those qualified through the RTA) until the printed expiration date.
  • U-Pass does not require a transfer or surcharge.
  • U-Pass is NOT valid for travel on PACE suburban buses or Metra commuter trains.
  • The cards of students whose enrollment status changes to part-time will be deactivated without refund.
  • The U-Pass has the student’s photo and name on the card and is non-transferable.
  • Incomplete courses, GuIDE program courses from previous terms, classes at other universities and courses not officially listed on the current term registration cannot be used to determine full-time status.
  • Part-time students are not eligible for the program under the terms of the contract, and they may not purchase or receive a U-Pass.

Full time status for CTA U-Pass program is defined as:

12  or more credit hours  per term for undergraduates
  9  or more credit hours  per term for graduate students
  6  or more credit hours per term for doctoral students

Help! My U-Pass isn't working!

After you have activated your card and registered it (recommended), if your card does not work on a CTA Bus or Rail/Pace, your card may be damaged or defective. You should first call 1-877-NOW-VENTRA to trouble-shoot the issue. If your card is defective, it can be replaced. Bring your defective card into the Registrar's Office (WB 1M14) and we will order you a new card. The first replacement is free, though subsequent replacements will be billed back to you ($4.97).

U-Pass Distribution

Students must show their student ID and a copy of their schedule (electronic is acceptable) in order to receive a U-Pass.

For information about the distribution or use of the U-Pass, or if you have questions regarding your enrollment status or campus affiliation, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (312)341-2443.

Schaumburg students interested in requesting a U-Pass: Please fill out the Schaumburg U-Pass Request Form and return to the Student Accounts office of the Schaumburg Campus.

When will the pass be active?

Spring 2014 U-Passes will be active until May 7, 2014. 

U-Pass Replacement for Lost/Stolen Cards

Visit the Registrar's Office on the Chicago Campus with your Roosevelt ID  for a replacement U-Pass. Only one replacement per semester is permitted.  There is a $50 fee for replacement.