Chicago 430 S. Michigan Ave.Chicago, IL 60605(312) 341-3500
Schaumburg 1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.Schaumburg, IL 60173(847) 619-7300
1. What credit cards does TouchNet PayPath accept?
PayPath accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Credit card payments can be made online via eBill.
2. Does PayPath accept Visa?
Yes, PayPath does now accept Visa, therefore students are able to pay with a Visa credit card to make a payment to their student account.
3. Why is Roosevelt charging a fee for the use of my credit card?
Due to increasing costs to process credit card transactions, Roosevelt has contracted with a third-party company, Touchnet PayPath, to provide credit card processing services for student accounts. By contracting with PayPath, Roosevelt can receive the full amount of the payment without being responsible for processing fees. The fee is charged by the third-party processor, not Roosevelt.
4. Why is the convenience fee 2.75 percent? How was this percentage established?
The third-party credit card processor, Touchnet PayPath, established the 2.75 percent rate to cover the credit card transaction fees assessed by credit card companies.
5. Is Roosevelt unique in charging a convenience fee?
No, most colleges and universities charge a similar fee.
6. Is there any way I can avoid paying a convenience Fee?
Yes, you can avoid paying the 2.75 percent convenience fee by paying online with an e-check, which is an electronic debit to your checking or savings account. This payment can be made over the Internet through the Roosevelt eBill system. To avoid the convenience fee, choose the “electronic check” option.
You also can avoid the convenience fee by mailing or delivering a check to the Office of Student Accounts at the address below. Always include your student ID number on the check.
430 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605-1394
Attn.: Office of Student Accounts
7. Can a student make a credit card payment over the Internet?
Yes, students can pay online via the Roosevelt eBill system. After logging in, click the “eBill” tab at the top. This will direct you to your billing statement and the payment gateway to make your secure online payment.
8. Can someone else make a credit card payment over the Internet on my tuition account?
Another user can make an online payment on behalf of the student only if the student has set the individual up as an authorized user via the Roosevelt eBill system. Once access has been granted, the log in information will be provided via email.
9. Can I make a credit card payment over the phone?
We are temporarily unable to accept credit card payments over the phone. This will be available again in the near future.
10. Can I pay in person using a credit card?
Credit card payments can be made at the Cashier’s windows at the main campus on the second floor. For your convenience, your credit card payment can be made at any secure computer on campus by logging in to the Roosevelt eBill system. The convenience fee is still applied to payments made in person on the credit card.
11. I often receive checks from my credit card company. Can I use the routing number and account number of these checks to make an electronic check (e-check) payment?
No. Credit card companies will not honor checks used electronically. The payment will be returned as “account not found.” You may use these checks through the mail or in person only. Send mail payments to the address below. Always include your campus ID number on the check.
Office of Student Account
430 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
12. If I make a credit card payment in error, will my convenience fee be refunded?
No. The convenience fee is not refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited or charged back.
13. If I use my debit card to pay my student account charges, will I be charged the convenience fee?
Yes. If you use your debit card like a credit card to pay your student account charges, you will be charged the 2.75 percent convenience fee. For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the convenience fee.
14. Will the convenience fee that I am charged be included on my semester eBill?
No. The convenience fee is assessed by a third-party company, Touchnet PayPath, in addition to the payment. The convenience fee will not appear on your student account or on your eBill statement.
15. How will this appear on my credit card statement?
Two separate transactions will appear on your credit card statement: one transaction for the student account payment and one transaction for the convenience fee.